Depression Starts talking…..

Depression starts talkin and his voice is raspy
CAUSE HE ain't SHUT THE FUCK UP IN 3 AND A HALF WEEKS!
Look, beard is full, hair is nappy
These jeans ain't mine so they way too baggy
Priorities fucked shit startin to gas me
it's like my lil' man's life slipped right past me….© Joe Budden “Are You In the Mood, Yet?

 

The above verse from the embedded song speaks volumes and gives great insight as to how I’m feeling these days. It’s funny how songs say things that you just don’t have the power or will to say/express on your own. Sadly, I’ve felt this way for a while and this happens to be one of my favorite songs of all times. Depression is no stranger to me and because of it, I’m usually “off the scene” a lot. The past few weeks have been no different. Usually repeated listens of this song are all that is needed to snap me back to the harsh realities of every day life…but recently there’s some strange lingering feelings that I just can’t seem to shake or rid myself free from….

 

Don’t fret, I’ll be back to my normal (sarcastic self) soon. I just have to deal with a few demons and internal conflicts that are probably too intense yet seemingly superficial for me to put on the internet right now….

 

~fin.

0 Responses to "Depression Starts talking….."