On & On © Erykah Badu

And when I knew I had to face another day, Lord it made me feel so tired

© Ree Ree Franklin

It's amazing how little portions of a song can just stand out and literally just speak volumes to your soul...that line comes from "NATURAL WOMAN" and though the song itself says little to me that one 3 second segment of Aretha belting out that phrase says everything that I couldn't about today.

I ramble…I mean I ramble a lot. It is a miracle that in real life conversations that I make any sense whatsoever (It’s likely that I don’t but in fear of hurting my feelings people tolerate me and just attempt to grasp onto key points of my ramblings).

I’ve accepted that I’m a troubled soul. Unlike other troubled souls though, I havent found my gift or true talent. Hopefully though, I don’t follow the same demise as many other troubled souls (i.e., Marvin Gaye, Donny Hathaway, Phyllis Hyman, Kurt Cobain and etc.,). I sure as hell hope that I don’t follow the path of Van Gogh or Edgar Allen Poe and the world only realizes my greatness posthumously. Seemingly, with that said, I’ve got to find a way to make my mark on this vast planet soon...

Oh well...it's Sunday, I'm childless and I might as well sh*t, shower and shave and see what these A-town streets has to offer in regards to simple and amusing entertainment


*FYI, I'm still working on the title for my new blog...I'm still keeping this one though because it's the intimate window into my mind but I need something else to ramble (the word of the day) about sports, sex and music. * If you have any suggestions--HOLLA @ ME !


oh and if you're not on SKYPE (that means you too Xina), you're missin' me in all of my unadulterated and uncensored glory.


~fin



2 Responses to "On & On © Erykah Badu"

Xina (visit their site)

ok...ok...ok....i gonna download dis skype thingamagig...this is too much technology...can i first master textmsg...DAYUM!!!!

-kae (visit their site)

Xina,

You were texting before I was...don't even try it. Just get the damn SKYPE so kayden and silas can video chat. LOL